Pages

Sunday 3 June 2012

I Just Want To Share

I like to blog about things in chronological order, but we're in the middle of moving again and it's a pain in the rear to try and get pictures onto the computer at the moment. (Don't ask.) So, hopefully in the near future I'll be able to share about our 2nd anniversary and my week escape to Boise.

At the moment, I want to share something. I don't know if it's because I want pity, or someone to share their experiences with me, or for someone to laugh and share in my joy, or what. Mr. Mitchell and I both decided that we didn't want to announce the pregnancy on Facebook because from our friends' experiences we have learned that people start sharing every wives' tale known to man and every terrifying story they've heard from a friend's husband's grandma's cousin's mom. We're first timers and we'd rather be more selective about who we get advice from. Consequently, I can't share on Facebook.

I just want to say that our little boy is a total wiggle worm. Yesterday he decided that it would be really fun to relentlessly kick my bladder. I was happy and not happy at the same time. (Apparently, it's common to be confused about what you're feeling while pregnant.) I love that it's finally real that our child is in there, but it never stops being surprising when I get a solid *thwump* from my insides. The bladder thing was soooo uncomfortable though. And it's making me wonder, if he's only going to get bigger and stronger, and I'm not even 2/3 of the way through, what is it going to feel like when I'm full-term? Yikes!

While it's uncomfortable to have somebody bullying your bladder and constantly surprising you with nudges and kicks, it's totally joyous. (Like I hinted at earlier, my emotions are conflicting.) It's almost unbelievable that I have a little human being inside of me and that makes it that much cooler. I'm starting to get really anxious to meet this little man that can hardly sit still. How can I possibly wait four more months?

I have to wait until the 20th - and even then he could decide he wants to bake a couple more weeks after that! And I have an ultrasound scheduled in a few days to double check the due date because they think a more accurate due date might be the original - that'll add another week! Can you tell that I'm dying? Poor Mr. Mitchell. Thank goodness he's so happy that I'm pregnant and is very patient with me because I'm a freaking psycho. 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to be the optimist and say that there is the slim chance that he won't wait til the 20th! I got my big 5yr old Tyler 3 wks early!!! boy was I ready, and apparently so was he. Can't wait to see you and your tummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...