Pages

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Baby #2 Update

So, first the printer broke. And then the microwave. And then the camera. I guess I won't be getting that glider for this pregnancy/baby after all. I also am going to have worse quality belly photos than before until we get the camera replaced. 

On Monday (November 10) I hit 28 weeks and officially entered my third trimester. Yay! I was in my 'belly-picture-shirt' and ready for my close-up, and then we discovered the camera was broken. So, tonight I decided to attempt a picture with my phone. HA! It will have to do. 

28 weeks
Can you tell that I do not take selfies? Perhaps I need to practice. I'm still looking small-ish, but it went that way with Sprout, too. During my last trimester I apparently explode.


I finally figured out how to get my ultrasound off of the website. They condense a rather lengthy (and boring to everyone but the parents) ultrasound into a few minutes of highlights. I love to sit and watch my baby girl.



I was able to snag this still shot (below) out of the ultrasound. Pretend the freaky picture on the left isn't there: she looks like an alien, and I want you to look at the one on the right anyways. I swear that's my set of lips and nose that we see there. I just hope this little lady comes out as cute as her big brother. We'll love her even she's hideous, but Sprout set newborn expectations very high in this family.


She's a very active little thing, and not nearly as predictable as her brother was. The only thing I can expect from her is a big bout of movement around my bedtime. She doesn't seem to be much of a kicker, but instead seems to just roll and roll and maybe do some stretching. Every once in awhile it'll feel like she's having a seizure or something. The best way I can describe the way it feels is to compare it to when a rabbit is rapidly and repeatedly beating their foot against the ground. It's very odd, and sometimes she wakes me up with it in the middle of the night. I would love to have an ultrasound going so I can see what it is exactly that she's doing.

I have had a couple of dreams where she is born as an ENORMOUS baby, and is actually a boy. Maybe I need to stop stocking up on little girl clothes? And maybe I need to request a c-section....

I am so very excited for this baby. Mr. Mitchell says he thinks it's because it's a girl, and that could be. I must confess that besides the stress of gathering a new wardrobe I have been surprisingly glad to know we're having a little lady. I'd like to think that I'd be just as stoked if it were a boy, and I'm pretty sure I would be if you consider the time and tears it took to conceive this baby. (Again, I'm not pretending to know what it is to be infertile, but we all have our own trials.)

Thank you again to everyone that has expressed your congratulations and love and excitement. It has not gone unnoticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...