Pages

Sunday 7 September 2014

August 2014

So, the biggest thing that happened in August was finally getting to see our beautiful, baby girl. Click here to read about our adventures with baby #2. We've had a girl's name picked out since I was pregnant with Sprout and we've decided to stick with it. Her name makes it so that everyone in our family will have a 'B' in their name except for Mr. Mitchell (a.k.a. Paul). I've decided to change his name to Baul because, really, it's not that different from Paul and then he can be included in the 'B' club.

Mr. Mitchell was gone quite a bit this month on fires and so I was able to spend time with my parents and my sister's family. Unfortunately, we're learning that Sprout does not travel very well, and so we'll be cutting down immensely on our visits to family until he gets that figured out.

We were also able to receive a visitor this month: Heather - one of my best friends. We mostly just talked and watch movies, but we were able to eat out at a few places and go to the zoo in Idaho Falls. It's a small zoo, but it was very nice.

I think red pandas are adorable. I geek out every time.

They're watching the lions sleep.

He was fascinated with the tiger.

Pretty flamingos.

Sprout's favorite were the penguins. We had to go see them one more time before we left the zoo.


Sprout enjoyed Heather's electronics very much.
I think he's telling me to bug-off.

The month of August was a little frustrating because the landlord decided to have the siding on our house redone. Instead of just coming and doing the job and moving on to the next one the siding guys would come for only 2-3 hours each day. Magically, they ALWAYS came at nap time. This is not a joke - it was as though they had placed a camera in Sprout's room and decided to come once they saw me put him down. This means we had no naps for almost a month straight. On the plus side, they're done now and the house looks better. Here is what happens when a child is nap-deprived for weeks:
He passed out an 1 1/2 before bedtime and WOULD NOT wake up.

Sprout has definitely hit his terrible two's. For us that mostly means he has just decided not to listen anymore. I spend most of my days giving warnings and putting him in time-outs. Time-outs don't seem to phase him at all. In fact, sometimes he'll put himself in time-out for fun. The worst is when we're out and about and he decides to walk into the parking lot without me. I'm so afraid he's going to get hit because he won't listen.

A positive side to this age is watching his personality boom. He's had a definite personality from the time he was wee, but now it's hilarious. I love to hear him talk, and I love to see the way his brain works.

Because who doesn't wear sunglasses while eating indoors?
He is a goofball, and, even on the worst of days, I am so happy to have him in my life.





1 comment:

  1. Cool that Aunty Heather got to visit! Also, I'm going to be trying to guess which name with a B in it is the name until she is born! We have a girls name picked out from my first pregnancy and I always get nervous someone close to me will think of it first... no b's though. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...