Pages

Friday 15 February 2013

Sisterly Bonding

A couple of weekends ago my mom went to a reunion of some of her high school friends in Salt Lake City. She didn't want to do the drive alone so she invited me to come for most of the drive and then she'd drop me off at my sister's house in Mendon for the weekend. It was a good time.

My brother-in-law and niece planned a girls' day out for us to celebrate Jayme's birthday.

Our first stop was The Crepery. Holy deliciousness.

Don't be fooled by its simple look.

We embraced our inner hippies and sat in the egg chairs.

Angela and her youngest joined us for the heavenly crepes. 
 We then went to get Jayme's hair cut. We ended up going back twice to get it finished. Craziest haircut ever.

One interruption during the haircut was going to get cupcakes.

Yummy cupcakes with unfinished haircut.
Our last stop was Plato's Closet for clothes. It turned into a lot of Jayme dressing me up rather than her dressing up, but it was fun.

The kids loved taking care of C.G.
 On Saturday we spent some time with Ryan's family. First we met up with them at Taco Bell and then we played games and had a YouTube fest.

C.G. checking out the Taco Bell action.
Our crowd had a hard time keeping still.

Morynn and C.G. bonding.
 My contribution to Jayme's birthday was a funny story about a fart because that's our sense of humor. She was laughing so hard she was crying. I consider it a success. After our weekend of bonding my mom came to pick me up and it was time to leave.

Except we couldn't leave because she got us stuck in the driveway...

Lots of digging, ice melter, and plywood.

Hard at work.


This spot shall henceforth be known as 'Grammy's Crater.'
It took about an hour but we finally escaped and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...