Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

Drum Roll Please...

Do you see what I see?


It's okay. I didn't see it either until they wrote "I'm a boy!!!" Oh, wait. I still didn't see it. So, they tried again.


I still didn't see it. They put little arrows pointing to all of his 'boy parts' and even wrote it in for me. I still didn't see it. They told me not to worry: I'd see them when the baby came out. 

I began thinking they didn't know their basic anatomy and we were going to have a girl. Then...at the very end of the ultrasound...I saw it!!! I was so excited that they froze the screen and printed out a picture of it on top of the two they already printed. I was very proud of myself. It looks as though we are indeed having a BOY


They then did a 4D ultrasound and I'm going to be honest - our baby looks freaky. Let's play this game again.

Do you see what I see?


I see an old man with a goatee 'ahem'ing into his hand before he begins a lecture.


In fact, my fellow LDS peoples, if you were to add glasses I think we'd have...

George Albert Smith.


Mr. Mitchell agreed with me. At least I know there is one other person that sees it. I'm told that he'll look less old-manish once he's fully cooked. Then we'll have an alien. And I'll love him anyway. You know how I can say that with confidence? Because he's already one of my favorite people and I haven't even met him yet.

20 weeks


7 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I never got any 4D pics only because we aren't that advanced over here! How cool!!!!! Don't feel bad about the old man-ish-ness, my kiddos were both petite and looked like old men until they were 2 or 3 months old. And I've had friends who's kids are chubby and cute right when they're born! I agree though, we love them anyway, and look how cute they are now! Apples of my eye! So AWESOME you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I am just realizing that our little guy and your little guy will be close in age just like you and me are! Only problem is we are practically on opposites sides of the nation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if we're ever in Boise at the same time we'll have to introduce them to each other.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!! I'm sure Paul is SO excited. Oh and you look amazing for 20 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! So excited for you guys! Little boys really are so much fun. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! He does kind of look like George Albert Smith! = ) The 4-D Ultrasounds kind of freak me out, too. By the end, they look like odd little people who are in a wind tunnel or something because of how squished they are. But even though we thought our little girl looked like a bulldog/monkey on ultrasound, she came out very cute. I have great hope for your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting!! Congratulations!! Too funny that we are both having boys and both due within a week of each other! I know at least two other people in our boat as well. : ) Glad pregnancy is treating you kindly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...