Pages

Monday 6 July 2015

4th of July in Salina, UT

Every 4th of July of my childhood was spent in my parents' hometown of Salina, UT until my grandparents had passed away. This 4th of July we had a Holdaway family reunion down in Salina - I was very happy to share this childhood memory with my husband and son. Of course, it wasn't exactly the same, but I still had fun.

We spent Friday enjoying the valley and visiting family history sites.
   
     Fish Lake:



     Koosharem Cemetery:

My great-grandparents.
      Return to Fish Lake for lunch:

Grandpa with his oldest and youngest grandchildren.

Garrison with his dork stick. (The dork stick was redeemed when my nephew borrowed it to run out in the parade and snap a selfie of himself with the beauty queens riding in the convertible.)



My parents (Grandma and Grandpa Holdaway to most of the group.)

Garrison and his cute girlfriend.





I missed the visits that evening to visit the cemeteries my grandparents are buried in and the monument dedicated to some of my greats who were massacred.

Saturday was the 4th of July which started at 6am with a dynamite blast right outside our bedroom window. We then went to the school field for games and races, a swim in the city pool that was promptly ended when a child threw up in the water and closed it down, a parade that has seen better days, and a rodeo with fantastic fireworks.

     Games and Races:


Tena and her youngest.


Sprout getting ready to race with the two-year-olds. (He's the second child in from the right.)
     Swim Time:



I guess this is what happens when you don't have kids to go swimming with and are too old to be allowed in for yourself.

Ryan and Angela, Chris and Tiffany, our cousin Tyler
     BBQ with our cousins:





Sisters...

...and their husbands.


Jeffs and Holdaways
     Parade:
Hiding from loud noises.

Carolina Holdaways lovin' on the Little Lady.





On Sunday we did family pictures, church, and family videos. I'll try to remember to update this post when I get copies of the family pictures. Here are the ones I took of the grandkids.
Grandsons

Granddaughters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...