Pages

Monday 23 July 2012

Smaller Than a Watermelon

I must begin by saying that Mr. Mitchell got stung by a bee while he was riding home from work today, and he would like your sympathies.

It's been over a month since I last talked about my expanding belly and I figured it was time to talk about it again.

26 weeks
 At 26 weeks I was feeling pretty big, but now I can see that I was being silly.

I can no longer see my toes.

My belly button.
 I took the belly button picture because I was always rather proud of my innie. It seemed perfect in every way, and for somebody who has self-esteem issues it's something worth being proud about. It's not quite an outie yet. Mr. Mitchell says that it's more like a belly button with an overbite. It's truly weird.

30 weeks.
The above is my most recent belly picture (in other words, I took it an hour ago) and it scares me a little bit that I still have 10 more weeks, at least, to go. I was told just yesterday that I look small for how far along I am, but this is the biggest I have ever been and it's getting mighty uncomfortable right quick. On the bright side: my stomach is still smaller than the watermelon in our fridge.

The babe has settled into a routine of sorts: pilates in the morning, yoga throughout the day, and jazzercise at night. Every once in awhile he'll throw in a gymnastics floor routine just to make sure I remember he's there. I love it when he's doing yoga in my stomach and I can see and feel his little body parts pressing against my stomach as he stretches.

I read in my pregnancy bible that babies cry while they're in the uterus and that just about made me cry. How can I comfort my baby if I don't even know he's crying and I can't get to him? I've been trying to forget I read that...I haven't done so well.

I had a self-esteem crisis this morning. I discovered two rather large networks of varicose veins on my legs to go with the stretch marks and fat dimples. Apparently they're the varicose veins that are strictly pregnancy related and they may or may not fade after delivery. *sigh* Hopefully my innie comes back so that I can have something to like on my body.  I also plan on working out those fat dimples, so, pray that I have the energy to do so.

At least I'm getting a baby out of all of this! Overall, we're all doing well and Mr. Mitchell and I are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby boy.

1 comment:

  1. You look perfect!!!! Not too big or too small either. And I think that Caleb will be perfect size too. All the body stuff really bothered me at first, then I was fine with it, cuz like you said you get a gift straight from heaven out of it! i also think that everything can go back to it's original place and look, (excluding stretch marks) with a little work and patience. VERY excited for you and Paul and to meet my nephew!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...